Tuesday, July 23, 2024

July Garden Tour

Welcome to the garden looking its best! Please ignore all the weeds in the photos (they're doing well, too). Tomorrow I will trim back the daisies (this photo is from last week). It's been a terrific year for them. The watermelon vines have quadrupled, and I have baseball sized melons and a lot of blooms. I had to use a scent deterrent to keep the animals from eating the baby melons. 
The flower raised bed is a mix of many things including zinnias...
...and bachelor buttons. The red is amaranth. 
The rose is having a second flush of blooms. Every day I pick off some Japanese beetles. 
The potato grow bag is full of cosmos, and you can see two pots of petunias in the background. 
I've harvested the garlic.
Below is Queeny Red Lime zinnia. 
Tomatoes and peppers are looking healthy.
Yum! I cut back most of the beans to make room for a new crop I hope to plant later today.
For a cherry tomato, these are a good size.
The painted lady runner beans are vigorous! 

I picked one bean. I think the squirrels or rabbits or both may be eating them. But they can't reach the top of the vines, so I'll get those when they're ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment