Thursday, June 20, 2024

Happy First Day of Summer!

It's never to late to plant. I found these on clearance at a pop-up shop in a parking lot, but the workers have paid attention to them and they will thrive once I get them planted. Below is one of the native plant areas, looking healthy after our recent rain. It may be the first day of summer, but we may not reach 70 degrees F today. I'm okay with that. I prefer the cooler temps to hot and humid weather. 
See that beetle trying to hide? I wasn't sure if it was a European chafer or  a Japanese beetle, but either way, I'll be on the look out for more of them before they damage my gardens. Hopefully, the bumper crop of birds and squirrels will eat the beetles and leave my strawberries alone (wishful thinking). 



No comments:

Post a Comment