Saturday, June 1, 2024

Front Native Plant Gardens Update

The smooth rose struggled for years, planted in 2020, eaten by rabbits, and stressed from two droughts. But it's looking good now.  The bees love it! Most of the front yard plants were purchased with the Lawns to Legume grant, back in 2020. I've added some plants, a combination of native and hybrids.
This native rose does spread but doesn't seem unruly. 
I love how full the front garden in becoming, perhaps due to our excellent rainfall.
This spot is overflowing its original space.
The lupine is spectacular. 
I love this plant! I don't want to cut any to bring in the house because it feels like I'm stealing from pollinators.
The first coreopsis to bloom was a gift from my mother when she removed plants from her place. (I love my garden shoes, tie-die crocs!)
I've added this coreopsis here and there in my entire yard, and it acts like a groundcover after blooming. In a year or two, I hope to have these lovely flowers blooming all over the place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment