Tuesday, May 21, 2024

A Walk Around My Yard

Welcome to the front and back yard around my house! I'm feeling blessed that I have all this planting space as well as the money to buy plants. The photos are labeled for quick scrolling. Some of these plants are young, and I'm hoping in a year (or two...or three), they'll fill in and create a lush and bountiful feeling. Each year I add plants, sometimes finding things on clearance, such as this Aronia (above and below). I'm not sure how I feel about the ants on the flowers above because my lawn has way too many ants, but I won't spray them. Supposedly they are food for birds. We should see some fat birds. 
Native viburnum about to bloom
Native columbine
Front yard garden with some figurines that survived under the snow
Green beans (with some getting munched, possibly by squirrels because this is fenced off)
Multiple seeds, three plants, one survived--Berna velvet blue pansy (heirloom)
The first bloom in my new native garden! I didn't expect any this year.
Native geranium/cranesbill
Traditional lilac
Strawberry blossom
Lots of strawberry plants!
Bloomerang lilac
I love these alliums. A photo doesn't do justice to the vibrant color.
My vegetable garden with Moxie! geraniums in dark red (from a warehouse store)



No comments:

Post a Comment