Friday, May 10, 2024

Glorious May!

The tulips are pretty much done, but I wanted to show this photo. Such pretty bulbs! After last summer's drought and so little snow this winter, I can't believe the tulips came back... and the rabbits left them alone. 
The pasque flower is in the foreground, prairie smoke in the back. 
I thought all the snowdrops had died, but there are a few survivors.
This is an awful photo of the muscari. They're actually bright,  healthy, and lush. The serviceberry below is in full bloom at the same time as the crabapple. When I planted them, I thought they might bloom at different times, but it looks great, so no complaints.
See that tiny orange rectangle in the background of the flowering crabapple? That's my oriole feeder, and I've seen two orioles today. This spring is truly glorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment