Nasturtiums are a really cool plant. PubMed states that they are a sources of "trace elements and bioactive compounds which can be easily absorbed by the human body." I planted "Moonlight," starting the seeds indoors until the plant was a couple of inches. I had problems with getting them started from seed in the past, perhaps because we have a lot of squirrels.
I read online (not from a scientific source but I was getting desperate) that planting nasturtiums with squash confuses squash vine borers. I'm happy to report that I've been getting a steady supply of zucchini. I have one pollinated pumpkin (so far). These photos are just before our extreme heat wave. But you can see how the flowers are similar in color. I don't know if the confusion works or if it's because I have a lot of plants. That was the extension educator's advice--plant more. Hope is an intravenous solution, flowing through me, keeping me motivated to garden another day.
Tuesday, July 28, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment