My rain barrels are empty. I'm using water from the dehumidifier, and it's not enough. Whatever I want to survive, I use the hose to water.
The grass is dormant, hopefully not dead. Most of the neighborhood yards are filled with dry grass or sprinklers. (It feels like a waste to water grass when it naturally wants to go dormant to survive the heat.) The empty looking garden bed was filled with lettuce and greens, which haven't survived the heat and humidity. I'm regretting raised beds because I need to water the veggies every day if I want them to survive. And I do. Occasionally I'm watering flowers and more recently shrubs. They need a break from from the extreme heat. And so do the critters. And the humans. Including this human! Rain is forecasted for Thursday, and I'm hopeful. Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment