August is prime season for lots of good thing. Above is a zinnia from saved seed. Below is Blue Spice basil. I'm so happy I was able to find seeds at Bertie County Seeds. I recommend them and Pinetree Garden Seeds (no paid endorsements).
This mess below is a delphinium, which is doing well, a bunch of alyssum (grown from seed), and struggling plugs of native wildflowers. The bunnies have been so terrible this year. I suspect I will lose even more over the winter.The Limelight hydrangeas (below) love their spots.
It's been fun to watch this monarch caterpillar on the butterfly weed.
I bought the Supertunia Vista Cool Jazz (above) on clearance with an incorrect label, but it's bigger than the pot.
I'm happy that the bees are happy, such as on the coneflower above and the agastache below. Please note that I'm not showing the weeds that I've haven't taken care of because of the heat and humidity. My garden isn't perfect, but it's mine and I love it.









No comments:
Post a Comment