Monday, October 8, 2012

End of Season Evaluation

Because I watered consistently, this was a great year for my garden. ("Was" except my lettuce is still growing.) I loved the Slenderette green beans and will grow them again.  Yesterday we roasted Rainbow carrots, and they glowed on the plate and tasted sweet as candy.  I really did have too much zucchini, but everyone loves zucchini bread, so it's okay.  My tomatoes were in too shady of a spot and didn't do as well as usual, but the peppers did very well. The weather was too warm for my broccoli, which seemed to flower as soon as I turned my back.  And I will remember to bag up my grapes next year.  (Game on, raccoons!) This photo is Orange Smoothie pumpkins, which I grew in my compost pile because I ran out of garden space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment