Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Lawns to Legumes Garden Update

I'm happy to report that many plants I bought with the Lawns to Legumes grant have survived and thrived. Here are some coreopsis and blanket flower. The butterfly weed is slow to grow. I added some marigolds. 

The prairie smoke is doing well. More on that in a future post. 

I added a water feature this summer--solar powered!

The wild lupine looked fantastic a couple weeks ago. It's going to seed in this hot weather. The rabbits are still a problem, but I'm planting chives and Siberian irises, which they don't like. I hope to find a rabbit-resistant fall bloomer that will work in this area, too. Lately we've had fewer bunnies around due to a predator. My neighbors say it's a fox, but I suspect it's a coyote. I saw it in the distance so I can't be sure. Yet the rabbits that are still here chow down on the asters. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment