Saturday, September 4, 2021

September Update



The zinnias have perked up in our recent rains. These are a welcome burst of color as other things fade. (I may have faded on my blogging, too.)

The strawberries have rallied, too. The five plants I saved (note the fence surrounding them) are shooting runners out in ever direction. 

We may have been in a drought, but I got plenty of tomatoes. The wind blew the plants over, so I gathered them in all states of ripeness. I donated quite a few. Also, this wagon? It was a gift from my hubby when we first got married. It's seen a lot of wear and tear as a toy and a garden tool. That's why the old sheet (saved for frost protection) is there, to protect the tomatoes from dirt and rust. 
A couple of weeks ago, the bees enjoyed teh pruple coneflower...and now the birds are eating the seeds. See the spot of yellow on the left side below? That's a gold finch.
In other notes, the zucchini did very well, and the green beans are still producing a bit. The second crop of lettuce is in the seedling stage. And I'll leave you with the Winnipeg Parks rose. I'm loving this vibrant fuchsia!


No comments:

Post a Comment