Sunday, April 28, 2024

Bulbs Update

While it's raining outside, it's a perfect time to share these photos. The large daffodils have survived year two and are looking good! 
The clearance crocus came up and the foliage looks fantastic, but below is the only flower. Did I plant too late? Were the bulbs defective? Or is something eating the flowers before I see them? I check each day, but critters are quick. 

It's year two for the tulips, too, and I'm surprised (and happy!) they've survived. Although you can't tell from the photo, this pop of color glows. 
I experimented with new daffodils, alliums, and snowdrops. I'm not sure if the snowdrops made it, unless they're late, because there's a blank space where they were planted.
This is year three for the daffodils below. I lost one small cluster because I mowed over them by mistake...many times. But they look like they're multiplying. 
Bonus: Prairie Smoke is blooming! These native flowers continue to amaze me, surviving in spite of adverse conditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment