Thursday, September 17, 2009

Demented Squirrel


"Bwaaaaack!Bwaaaaack!" Yesterday a demented squirrel had taken up residence in the tree outside my window. As I tried to work on the computer, the squirrel scolded some creature, real or imagined, constantly and consistently. Does it ever eat? or poop? The squirrel had been screeching for an hour and a half. I tried to scare it out of the tree, but it just scolded me from a higher branch. The sound echoed through the house. When I shut this window, the sounds entered through other open windows. If I were a predator, I'd go after that squirrel not for a meal--just for some peace and quiet.

P.S. The plums were amazing. The wildlife thought so, too, because my daughter and I only got a taste.

P.P.S. With the unseasonably warm weather, I have a second crop of beans. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment