Monday, May 3, 2010

Weeding

This weekend's main gardening activity was weeding. So far I have two main kinds of weeds--grass from the lawn entering my garden beds and mini trees. We live in an oak forest so I pulled some baby trees and then I removed acorns that the squirrels missed over the winter...handfuls and handfuls of acorns.

In other garden news, the ants are active and exploring my house. I am on crumb patrol nightly.

Also, the strawberries are blooming. The old fashioned lilacs are supposed to be blooming, but they might not be getting enough sunlight. I try to keep up with trimming back the woods every spring and fall, but the crowns of the trees are well beyond my reach.

I love this time of year. I try to sit on the porch even when we've got wind chills. (Sometimes my hands get too cold for me to hold the book I'm reading so I have to call it quits.) Being outside is good for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment