Saturday, May 16, 2020

Baby steps of new gardens



I said I'd put the steps of adding gardens to our new residence. It's tough to get motivated to put this online. I see people who are living through the internet, and I can't blame them. It's pretty much the only way to stay connected with multiple people. I'm more of a hermit. And I'm happier when I'm not on the internet, where people are getting political and the news is scary. But I find that I'm enjoying books and articles (yes, some online) about gardening and wishing that there were more gardening shows, so I'll honor those who need a little gardening in their lives by showing mine. Let me just say that I'm not intending to brag or tell you what you "should" do. And my joy is just that...delight in the process. This has been a lot of hard work, digging and lifting, sore muscles and calluses. And I have lots more to do! So, yes, there are mistakes and failures but also new flowers and less lawn. I'm just happier playing in the dirt...and reading a book outside overlooking all the work I did. (Photo above: new pots  of flowers soaking in today's rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment