Saturday, May 20, 2023

Clever, Rambunctious, Destructive Foxes

We have seen seven kits and one adult. The foxes are so cute! However, they "attack" each other, rolling across the lawn, crashing into plants. They get past my bunny fence and dig and chew. At dusk, they come up on my back deck and explore. What I have planted is struggling because of the damage, and I'm hesitant to plant more until I get this figured out or they move on (more likely). So far, I've tried cayenne pepper and securing the fence. Next I tried netting. That seems more effective because their paws get tangled. (It's plastic and easily snapped or chewed, so no injuries.) I'm also trying a garlic spray and small bowls of vinegar tonight. Whoever said patience is a virtue wasn't kidding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment