Monday, May 11, 2009

Recommendations



People will often ask me for sources of good garden materials. I have no problem buying supplies on the cheap and reusing them year after year. I have bought plants from garden clubs and I welcome plants from my neighbors’ garden. However, when I first moved into my house I received some daisies from an old neighbor. The daisies didn’t last, but the Creeping Charlie that snuck inside the plants has to this day. So my advice is to be careful of free items.

I have had excellent luck with Pinetree Garden Seeds. Their prices and shipping fees are reasonable. They have had the best customer service of any seed company with which I’ve had contact. Other good choices are Territorial Seed company and Johnny’s Selected Seeds.

For organic products, I’ve had good luck with Gardens Alive! They have a solution for just about every garden problem.

I have better luck at the nursery/garden center that only sells plants. The employees are knowledgeable and sometimes a horticulturalist is on staff. It’s worth the extra money. The seasonal stand at the corner of busy intersections often neglects the plants or sells substandard materials.

Also I have not received any money for these endorsements…let me know what places you recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment