Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Return of the Skeeters

Unfortunately, the mosquitoes have returned with a vengeance.

My daughter swats at her arms and legs as she waits for the school bus to pick her up. It doesn't help that it is gray and damp without a breeze.

Needless to say, this severely curtails my garden time, which may be a good thing since I have multiple sore muscles as I have tried to get as much time working before these critters start biting. I have installed my new moss garden (an experiment that I can report on later) and planted most of my vegetable garden and fixed up my flower gardens. I still have more work to do, but I think it looks pretty good right now. Once the hot weather hits, I'll have more weeding, but if it's windy or sunny the mosquitoes should leave me alone.

Today I will water the seeds and seedling, but I will be covered up from head to toe. The mosquitoes are flesh magnets and will find the tiniest exposed spot. I feel like an explorer adventuring into dangerous territory unsure if I should ever return.

No comments:

Post a Comment