Monday, July 24, 2023

The World's Most Expensive Potatoes

Okay, technically these aren't the world's most expensive potatoes (it just feels that way), but they are darn pricey. I bought the potato bags, seed potatoes, and potting soil. Lately, they needed watering twice a day. The plants were lush and healthy (above), and then they started yellowing and browning, thinning and looking miserable. That's the signal to harvest. I cut back any remaining leaves, placing the bag in the wheelbarrow for easier access (below). 
I sifted through the dirt with my hands to find the potatoes (below). This is much easier than digging them out of the ground.
Potato bag one harvest is shown below. 
Potato bag two harvest is shown below. While all the materials were pricey this season, I will re-use the soil and the bags. And now I have super fresh, organic potatoes to enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment